Voting

Saturday, June 4, 2011

It is done!

This day has been a long time coming, but we are finally, 100% out of our old house tonight! John's meeting with our landlady in the morning and then it will be a thing of the past! That home was the small, 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a nice yard and garage that was a great starting place for a young, newlywed college couple. Never did we imagine that almost ten years and 2 children later, we'd still be there. The interesting thing is that for almost all of those years, I was content. It was a cozy, cute place that was just enough for us.  And it financially allowed me to work part time after we started our family. It's only been in the past year, once the second little monkey became very mobile that I started to feel a burning need to get out of there! In thinking back through all the time we lived there, I truly believe the Lord allowed me to be content right where we were. I'm thankful for that.  But, I'm also thankful that we finally moved!!!

As I walked through the house one last time tonight, a lot of emotion cut loose. You may remember my blog on me and change....I don't do well with it. I've managed to keep it together surprisingly well over the past few weeks, but I was struck by a ton of emotion when I left. It was in those walls that my new husband I figured out how to co-habitate without driving each other crazy, survived the end of graduate school for both of us.  It was in those walls that I found out I had passed my licensing exam to become a physical therapist, celebrated my first job at the only place I've ever wanted to work and joined the ranks of the working world.  It was also there that we struggled with the heartbreak of what seemed to be insurmountable infertility and then the joy of conceiving our baby boy.  It was there we brought both our babies home, it was there they both learned to walk and run. A lot happened in that home and I will hold those memories dear.

One of the many times I was bemoaning all the change to my mom, she pointed out to me that although we are leaving behind many memories in our old house, we will form many new memories here in our new home.  Our boys will continue to learn new things, celebrate victories and grow into young men.  It will most likely be to this home that we will bring home our daughters. Life as a family of 6 will have plenty of new memories! And, yes, that is not something I have mentioned here yet and will be the source of many new posts, I'm sure! 

So, for now, we keep working on getting settled and forming new memories here. We still have a lot to do and a lot of adjusting to do, but we are so happy and feeling very blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You're out of the closet! This must mean things are going forward ... will keep praying for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete