Voting

Friday, June 10, 2011

Growing Pains

We've been in our new home for 2 weeks now and fully out of the old house for a week. We all LOVE our new place. Caleb still regularly runs down the hall and exclaims, "I can't believe we get to live here!". It cracks me up, because, although our little duplex was very cramped, it wasn't exactly a dump either! I'm feeling the itch to get everything put away and get to work on decorating my "blank canvas". I have a girlfriend at work who is a self proclaimed "blog stalker" and loves to read design blogs.  She gave me the name of a great blog to start reading and finding inspiration. I'm really excited to get going on all of that and add some of my new-found flair to this place.

On the other hand, I've been feeling the pains of growing and changing. I am SUCH a creature of habit.  Always have been. And probably always will be. I enjoy driving the same streets, same way to get places, and so on. Even though we're not that far from where we used to live, the way I go to work and just about everywhere else is different. I don't like it. Silly, I know, but I don't like it at all.  I find myself thinking a lot about all the memories in our old place and forgetting that we are just getting started on making new memories here. We've got a whole lifetime ahead of us!

I think once I'm able to transition from unpacking to decorating and getting things situated the way I want, some of the growing pains will subside and new memories will start to form!!

2 comments:

  1. I can feel you woman! I have been here over a year and I am still groaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I understand you pretty well. I too am a major creature of habit that doesn't care for change. I know you will get through these growing pains quickly. Especially when you get to the "fun" part of decorating. That will help a lot!!!!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete