Voting

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good news and an odd sensation

First, of course, the good news. Last week, we took Noah to have blood drawn for what I thought was going to be the same labs he had done a few months ago that led to his diagnosis.  From what I can tell, he did not actually have the same tests done, but the doctor tested him to see if his body has mounted a response to the different strands of strep he got in the vaccination. All the numbers look good (none of them are red-flagged), which I think means the vaccination did the job. The best part about that is that I think that means we no longer have to be as seriously concerned about him contracting strep, which prior to this, could have been deadly. We will get more definitive answers when we go to the doctor in two weeks and hopefully we will get more questions answered. The other good news is that Noah does not need glasses for now. The tech that evaluated him on Tuesday said that he is showing good control of his eyes when prompted to focus, so we will leave him be for now.  I was a little thrown off by seeing the tech and not the doctor as well, so I think I will feel better when we have our next follow up.  As much as I'm a sucker for glasses, I'm relieved to not have that to deal with right now!

So, now for the odd sensation. A few months ago when I was folding and packing away Noah's tiny baby clothes, I felt kinda sad and felt like I was grieving the end of an era. That is not odd for me at all, being that I hate change and all. (If you need a refresher on how I feel about change, see this post.) The odd sensation came into play this past weekend when we were moving some furniture around and put Noah in a booster seat at the table. I really enjoyed seeing four regular chairs at the table rather than three chairs and the clip on high chair thing he was in. I started thinking about how much easier it is getting to have a toddler rather than a baby. While I miss the cuddly, sweet squeaks of an itty bitty one I certainly don't miss the night-time feedings and nap schedules. I enjoy seeing how he engages in activities, imitates his big brother and tries to do things on his own. His little wandering-eye meltdowns are even cute! I've especially been treasuring having a HEALTHY toddler. I am looking forward to all that is to come with this little guy and the joys having two  little boys, even though it means lots of change!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for good news....boo for waiting two weeks.
    OK super cute new blog theme.
    And one of my girlfriends just had her baby this weekend and I totally have had baby on the brain for like two days. How can that be when I have a toddler taking a bottle still!?! ugh. CHANGE! :) Hooray for healthy. Healthy is a GREAT change!!

    ReplyDelete