Voting

Monday, April 11, 2011

Beautiful month

Update (Sunday): I started writing this post last night when all was well. Noah is spiraling down-hill into one of his gut infections this afternoon which is soooooo disappointing, but I wanted to share my thoughts and my gratitude for the past month anyway.

The past month has been wonderfully beautiful for us. We've had almost our entire family come to visit at some point over the past few weeks, there have only been scheduled doctor visits (ie, no sick people), and we've been able to purchase some much needed new furniture in hopes of moving in the next month or so. The best part about the past month, though, is that Noah has been WELL. I've had to sit and let that sink in a bit.....he's been WELL. Although keeping him well has involved some difficult choices, it has been well worth it to see a thriving, happy boy.

Our month of visitor started with my parents being here. I wrote a post about how therapeutic is was to have them here. My mom and I had lots of girl time, we got to go look at the house and start planning some new stuff we wanted there, we took a day trip up to Pine Flat dam which was beautiful and had lots and lots of time for playing and just being. The day before my parents left, John's sister and niece came for 5 days. Unfortunately, it was the coldest, ickiest 5 days of our spring so far, but we managed to have fun anyway. We tried out a raw food restaurant (my sis-in-law is vegan), played at the park and took the kids to Bounce U when it was really cold and rainy.

A few days after they were here, my sister and her kiddos came in. The cousins had so much fun playing with each other and my sister and I got to catch up after far to long of not seeing each other.  The highlight of that visit was taking the kids to the beach. Sophia and Wesley had never been to the ocean before, so it was a very exciting trip for them. Quite precious.

This wasn't the best picture of all their faces, but I love the sunset light. The same day that Janine and the kids left, John's brother, sister-in-law and niece arrived for the final family visit. They were here three days and we didn't get to spend as much time with them as we would have liked.  John's brother got sick and our boys were pretty well out of whack by the time the fourth week of visitors rolled around. We enjoyed seeing them, though, and the boys enjoyed having another cousin to play with!

The whole month visitors, special trips and fun things to do was sweetened all the more by the fact that Noah was well. The entire time. I'm very much looking forward to having his labs repeated this week to see if we can tell what made the most difference. But, for now, we're definitely going to keep doing what we're doing!

Another update: Noah was sick on Sunday (yesterday) but seems to be almost back to his normal self today. I think he may have just had a run-of-the-mill bug since John was also not feeling well. That's actually very encouraging in our world!

1 comment: