Voting

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Melting hearts

This morning's visit was a long-time coming. John and I were anxious and excited as we drove over to see little M and A. And what happened when we got there was exactly what I expected and hoped for...it was mutual love. Once M showed me all the new things she can do since the last time I treated her and we were down on the floor with them, they soon discovered just what kind of amazing guy he is. They were fascinated with some of the cool gadgets in his pockets, loved his creative ideas for building things with blocks and the fact that he's a pretty cool jungle gym.  The whole time we sat and played with them, I couldn't stop thinking, "Oh, sweet ones, if only you knew how much we already love you and what this man would do for you....you will NEVER be hurt again".  

One of the things that the girl's foster mom has frequently said to me is, "M can really be a handful sometimes...she gets pretty wound up sometimes". While we were playing with them, M got a bit "riled up" and was throwing some toys around, and thus she was gently corrected by her foster mom who then gave me the "see what I mean?" look.  I couldn't help but chuckle and think to myself, "Clearly, you have never met my biological offspring!!! This is NOTHING!!!". Granted,  I would never presume that her little moments we witnessed this morning are as amped as she can get, but I just couldn't help but think how well they would blend in with our boys.

So, now the next big step is for the boys to meet them. That will either happen this weekend or next Tuesday morning. THAT will be a big deal!!!

Oh, and ps....I'll be back soon to post about this feisty red-head's latest undertakings and my adorable boys! So, stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment