Voting

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Confusion and Progress

I am far too emotionally drained to blog about all the ups and downs of this week. We have gone from being told the girls could be with us within a month (which struck panic in my heart) to now possibly having everything come to a screeching halt until the next court date which isn't scheduled until NOVEMBER. The most recent delay is due to their current social worker passing the buck before going on maternity leave.  But, our background checks were completed today and we are going to proceed with our visitation with the girls that will start next week.  Next Tuesday morning, John and I will be going to spend some time with the girls. It will be the first time John meets them and I can't wait! After that meeting, we will figure out how to introduce the boys to them. Then, there will probably be a whole lot more waiting.

It would be the understatement of the year to say that I'm frustrated with "the system". I hate not knowing. I hate being in limbo. I hate that the girls are still potentially weeks or months away from their forever home. But, I do know that my God is bigger than all of this and that He already has this figured out. Our hope is in Him and we trust Him. And that's the bottom line.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys tomorrow!! May God grant you the desires of your heart in His time!
    blessings, Geordon and Marilyn Rendle, from Buenos Aires, Argentina

    ReplyDelete