Voting

Thursday, August 18, 2011

What a difference a few days makes....

I really can't put into words the difference a few days of being on "stay-cation", away from basically all my responsibilities! Our boys have been with my in-laws since Monday morning and John and I have had an AH-MAY-ZING time of relaxing, doing some fun projects, going to movies, trying new restaurants and just hanging out. I had honestly forgotten how many things we love to talk about that don't revolve around our children! Don't get me wrong, I love raising these boys together, but I really do love remembering all the things we had in common and enjoyed doing before we had babies.

In all reality, our vacation could not have come at a better time. This entire year has been exhausting but the intensity of the past couple months has been overwhelming. Last week, as we processed the devastating news about the girls (I'll get back to that in another post), I almost felt like the world was crumbling around me. But, in the midst of that, I was reminded of the enormously blessed, happy life I have been undeservedly given. I have the two most amazing little boys who call me mama. I have an incredible husband who I get to do life with. Together, we have been blessed beyond measure. We still have a lot to deal with in regards to the girls and need to pray about the future of our family. But, the best part is that we both feel more rested and relaxed that we have in months and finally feel equipped to deal with the excited and difficult things that lie ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment