Voting

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Attitude check

The past four days have been incredibly difficult around here. Not only was I dealing with Noah having an infection that could have turned deadly and John being out of town, but then we got the added bonus of a random stomach bug on top of it. I haven't had more than two consecutive hours of sleep in four nights which is no fun. (Totally unrelated side-note: you all may recall my post about my amazing friend Nichole, but she is dealing with a chronically ill child who is on a very regimented diet that does not allow her to sleep through the night yet. She has basically been on a newborn-esque schedule for almost 2 years, which means SHE has not slept through the night in over two years. Just continues to back up the fact that she ROCKS). Anyway, it's been rough. I'm tired. I don't feel good and I just want my hubby to be home and to get a good nights sleep.

In the past, though, when I have been through rough patches, it has always helped me to think through (or in this case, blog through) what I'm thankful for during that rough season. The past four days have had their bits and pieces of silver lining. First of all, my aunt, whom I have not seen since Noah was a newborn decided to come visit with the original intent of helping me pack and prepare for our move.  Well, with two sick children and an exhausted mama in the house, there wasn't a whole lot of packing that happened. However, she found time to pack a few boxes (and would have happily done more had I been able to access more in our disastrous garage) and scrubbed out my very neglected refrigerator. That alone was plenty but then when Caleb vomited and an entire days worth of food in the car, darn if she didn't trudge out there with a roll of paper towels, a garbage bag and cleaner and clean up 90% of the mess while I tended to my boy!

I also was very thankful for in-laws who live in town and came to whisk Caleb away on Saturday while Noah was puking every 15 minutes. However,  unbeknownst to any of us, he was coming down with the very same bug and exposed them to it! And the cherry-on-top came when I realized that I was going to have to drag the boys out again today because we were about to run out of two essential grocery items and not 10 minutes later came a text from a dear friend, Natalie, telling me she was going to Costco, the grocery store and drug store and wanted to know if I needed anything! How's that for providential.

I should also mention that I am so very thankful for the prayer support of many, many friends and family.  Especially during the hours of being down right scared about Noah's situation, it was truly comforting to know we were covered in prayer and love.  It's always good to reflect on the positive....now I'm just hoping I'll have the opportunity to dream about all the positives while I sleep all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment