Voting

Thursday, May 5, 2011

All over the place

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling today. My head is literally reeling after dealing with a hubby who has succumbed to the dreaded flu, a six year old who is stir crazy after so many "sick days" and a little guy who started out ok but ended the day with what appears to be a relapse of the flu.

This morning, I took Noah to his 2 month follow up with our GI doctor. I was a bit discouraged after our last visit, because she didn't seem particularly interested in digging any deeper into Noah's plight. His gut symptoms have gotten much better since starting a new probiotic but he still continues to have bouts with bloating, lack of appetite and rash. It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me unless there is still something in his diet that could be causing these symptoms. I finally decided to be bold and mention to the doctor that there are several common allergenic foods that are NOT tested in the panel she requested last time. Oddly enough, that seemed to surprise her! She jumped all over that and ordered a bunch of different tests. The problem is that allergy testing can be difficult, even in "normal" kids, but when there is a compromised immune system involved, it can be even more difficult. But, it's a place to start. So, we will see how this round of testing comes out. We may be chasing our tails, but I feel passionately that it's my job as Noah's mama to make sure that I do everything in my power to keep him healthy.

So, aside from all that, I'm still feeling a tad shell-shocked about our "trial by fire" with Noah and his case of strep throat. talk about a terrifying way to find out if the vaccine worked. It will makes me sick to think about what could have happened if it had not worked. All the more reason to give glory to the Lord! Thank you, Jesus, for protecting my baby boy!

And lastly, there is still the whole matter of the MOVE!!!! We've got some serious work to do to get packing and moved. We have the rest of May to get moved but I know the time will slip away so I'm anxious to get started. I can't wait to spread out, settle in and get organized! If only we could skip over the boxes and the stress of moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment