Voting

Friday, February 4, 2011

What a week!

I've often felt as though my life goes through phases of feeling like a roller coaster.  Sometimes, it's just a little "kiddie" coaster, other times it's more along the lines of Disney's Thunder Mountain but this week has felt more like one of the insane roller coasters at Six Flags (none of which do I know the names before because I. hate. them. period.). This week was pretty darn close to the Six Flags level. Here's a few bullets of the important parts:
  • Monday: While I am at work, John and realtor are negotiating an offer we hope the owner of the house we want will accept. No final word on whether it will happen or we will be out-bid. Feeling a bit apprehensive and trying really hard to not get my hopes too high.
  • Tuesday: Seller accepted offer and (barring any catastrophes with the inspection) we're going to end up in an AMAZING home! Feeling totally elated!!! We are finally going to get to move!!
  • Wednesday: While blow drying my hair before work, I have sudden, severe, breath-taking and crushing pain in the left side of my chest, neck, jaw and shoulder.  You have GOT to be kidding me!!! After an urgent trip to the doctor and what was described as a "beautiful" EKG, we come to the conclusion that I had a severe spasm of my entire chest wall. (Collateral damage from lugging my 25 pound chunk around on my left hip). I leave with instructions to take a muscle relaxer for three days and try not to over-do it. Ya, right.
  • Thursday: Appointment with immunologist who actually ends up heightening my level of concern about a potential problem with Noah's immune system. And there's no "good" scenario when talking about immune system deficiencies. It's never good when a doctor says, "We teach in school that this just doesn't happen in a child who does NOT have an immune system problem". Now, we all know that not everything taught in school is infallible, but still not the kind of thing this mama wants to hear in reference to her baby. 
So, in my mind, the roller coaster had already been wild by the time Thursday afternoon rolled around.  I figured maybe we were done. Maybe an uneventful end of the day and rest of the week? Nope. I was wrong.  And let me tell you, I've never been so happy to be wrong! This part definitely gets more than a bullet!

Yesterday evening, after dredging through some reading exercises with a VERY uninterested 5 year old, and having already reached the "I'm going to spank you and put you to bed if you do not change your attitude" point, Caleb completely floored me. We decided to end our unhappy reading session by reading some stories in Caleb's story Bible. Caleb loves reading his Bible stories and always has really great questions. After reading the story of John baptizing Jesus, discussing baptism and when he can do it, Caleb asked me to help him ask Jesus into his heart. We have talked about this before with him and he's never shown any interest in making that decision. John and I have continued to pray for him and water the little seed that has been planted. We prayed together and then Caleb had a very sweet (albeit 5 year-old-ish) conversation with Jesus himself. I never thought I would feel as elated as I did the moment we found out we were finally going to have a baby. But, I did. This was amazing. Knowing that my son had just given his life to our Savior and that his soul was now saved was almost indescribable. We talked about how Feb. 3 is now his "Jesus birthday" and what better way to celebrate than cupcakes? None! At least in my child's mind!

So, it's now Friday night and I'm laying in bed bloggin' away with so much swirling through my head. I'm trying to focus on the positive and not let my mind be consumed with all the "what if's". It's hard to rest assured that no matter what the outcome of Noah's testing, the house inspection or anything else, my Savior already knows the big plan and has it all figured out. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep riding the roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment