Voting

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just one of those days...but thankful anyway

Here's a brief description of our morning: exhausted mama pays bills and gets ready to go while sick baby who screamed more than he slept last night napped, hop in car to go to doctor to find the cause for the screaming, battery is dead. Self-employed hubby with flexible schedule comes and jumps car. Mama and baby proceed to doctor to find a completely full parking lot. Accidentally park in a handicap spot which was not discovered until turning engine off, try to move and discover battery dead again. Mama and baby go into the doctor's office, praying no one calls parking enforcement before hubby arrives to swap cars. Wait 90 minutes to see doctor for 5 minutes and find out screaming was caused by a blistered, ready to rupture eardrum. Leave doctor, get in hubby's car and notice there's no gas in it. Manage to get to gas station (whilst hubby is getting new battery for my car), pick up lunch and come home.

Now we're home and the boys are napping and I'm honestly not sure if I want to laugh or cry. So, instead I decided to blog and count my blessings. I'm thankful for a husband who has a very flexible schedule who can rescue me and fix things without having to wait around for AAA every time. I'm thankful for the substantial raise I just got that took the stress out of more unexpected expenses. I'm thankful for things like numbing ear drops and  a good (albeit, late) pediatrician. I'm  thankful for friends that understand how I feel, send encouraging texts, pop up to chat on Facebook or call to check in. I'm thankful for my parents, both of whom called to check in on their "baby girl" today.

It's a good feeling to know that the things I am thankful for far outweigh my woes. And, in case you were wondering, if you type and bold the word thankful a whole bunch of times, it starts to look really weird!

4 comments:

  1. Wow~ what a morning, and what an amazing perspective! I am in awe of you and hope I am half as great mom as you are when I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Renee...you made me tear up. You're going to be a rockin' mom when your day comes!!! I need to e-mail you so we can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, I am thankful that you are my friend and can crack me up at the end of a post about a day that would have driven most people to the looney bin! Hope tomorrow is better for ... and I am SO GLAD that they found out why Noah screamed all night. Poor baby! Wishing all of you a long night's rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh MY what a morning! WHEW! Rest up momma!

    ReplyDelete