Voting

Friday, January 7, 2011

Glamor

I think any of my mom friends would agree that there is very little about being a mother that is glamorous! I would add that if you have boys, there are even fewer glimpses of glamor! I've been home with a sick baby today and decided to tweak my blog a bit and add a couple tickers. As I'm sitting here adding these little things, pondering which layouts and colors to chose, I look down at myself and realize that the front of my black t-shirt is smeared with snot and banana and my gray sweatpants have a collection of who knows what all else! I had to laugh so I wouldn't cry. Then I sat in amazement as my 16 month old attempted to build a tower taller than himself with Duplos. As much as I find myself complaining at times, I would not trade my job/heart's desire/privilege of raising these two little ones with an amazing man for anything money could buy!

2 comments:

  1. You're a great mommy!! Isn't it amazing how the last thing you think about on some days is how you look? I am wearing no makeup (and probably haven't showered) in my current profile pic on FB, and I didn't even think about that until the day after I posted it, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is. I catch glimpses of myself every now and then and it's rather appalling! By the way, I love your profile pict and would have never guessed you had neither showered or put on make up that day! It's that natural Peruvian beauty of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete