Voting

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A boy and his daddy

In Caleb's class, one of their daily writing exercises is a journal. The teacher starts them off with a few words and then they write two pages. When I read through his February journal, one entry absolutely. melted. my. heart. I just had to share it....in his original spelling.

February 9, 2012
I want to be like my dad. He is smart. I help him make stuf out of would (wood). We make boes (bows) and erose (arrows) together and sleinge shotes (sling shots) and we go camping together.

Of course, in ginormous first grade writing, that took up both sides of his journal page for the day. I absolutely love reading his journal and seeing how his work has progressed over the past year.  I look forward to looking back at some of his work in a few years. And I think I might just pull the sweet things like this out if (or maybe I should say when) he goes through an ugly teenager phase. 

1 comment: