Voting

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Banana bread

I posted on FB this evening about a healthy, real food, homemade snack both of my boys love so I thought I'd share the recipe with ya'll. Plus, I've become such a Pintrest geek that I wanted to put a picture of something on my blog that I could pin! :)



Banana Oat Bread
(recipe from Karen Selph, my mama)
Ingredients: 
1/2 c. butter, softened 
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. flour (I use stone ground whole wheat and it works great)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c. mashed ripe banana
1/4 c. milk
1 cup rolled oats

Cream the butter and sugar together. (Side note: if you want a lower fat version, I have also replaced 1/4 cup of butter with 1/4 cup applesauce and it turns out good too). Beat in the eggs. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients except for the oats. In another bowl, combine the banana and milk. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs. Stir in rolled oats.
Pour mixture into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment