Voting

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The little dudes

I've been spending quite a bit of time on the couch the past few days thanks to my little shingles situation, so I thought I'd write a little update on my boys.

Caleb is finishing up his 3 week at Fresno Christian and we are simply thrilled with the whole situation. He is doing great. His teacher said that he is focused (which truly surprises us), engages well in class and is kind to his classmates. Her only "constructive criticisms" (which she explained to me with a smile and no irritation whatsoever) were that his desk is messy and he tends to try to "debate" with her. (NO idea where he gets that from!!!) He loves school and is growing tremendously day by day. We are so thankful that after our initial school crisis, we have been able to settle into such a great place.

Noah is now 2 months into his speech therapy program. His progress has honestly been much slower than I hoped it would be, but we are seeing some good changes. He's only started spontaneously using one new word (bringing him to a grand total of 10 words whereas he should have between 50 and 250), but he is making good progress with his sign language. I'm really not concerned that he's never going to talk but it is really hard to deal with his level of frustration when he can't communicate things to me. Having a 12 month gap in what he understands and what he can express is a big deal for a little guy like him. We're going to keep persevering and praying that either his verbal language will catch up or we'll all become fluent in ASL.

In the meantime, they are keeping us busy and on our toes....and we're thankful for all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment