Voting

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Simplicity of prayer

We're really not sure why, but for about a month now, Caleb has been really out of whack in the mornings. He's moody, hyper, defiant and so on. It has caused a lot of chaos in our home in the mornings and led to a lot of frustration for all of us.  Yesterday morning, I was bound and determined that we were going to have a better morning. You know what shamefully occurred to me? I had not once stopped to pray about this issue. Nope. Not once. So, Caleb and I prayed together and asked Jesus to help us both make good choices have good attitudes and to be obedient. Know what? It's almost as if the Lord was saying, "I was wondering when you were going to bring this to me"! A simple prayer changed the course of our day.  It's so easy to get caught up in figuring things out that I forget to talk to the One who MADE my son, to ask for His divine intervention. Prayer is not just powerful when it comes to the "really big" stuff, it is powerful in the every day things. And that's why we're actually commanded to pray. Without ceasing. Thank you, Lord, for that command.

PS...I still don't know what's been causing all of this and apparently I don't need to know right now. What I do know is that the last two mornings have been completely different.

3 comments: