Voting

Sunday, November 7, 2010

End of DST

So, I still haven't really figured out what all I want to write about on here, so I'll start with a little tip I learned. I was trying to figure out how to avoid having the boys up at 5:30 am when DST ended this morning, so I took my sisters suggestion of easing their bedtimes out a little later for a couple nights before. It just so happened that we were out late on Friday night anyway and then last night just planned to put them to bed an hour later. And, voila! Not a peep before 7 am! Hopefully I'll remember to do this again next year!

The other thing that has been on my mind today is that I really, really wanted to run the 1/2 marathon today here in Fresno. Last year, it was too close to when I had had the baby but decided it would be a good goal for this year. Little did I know that it was going to take my body a YEAR to fully heal from having Noah. The ligament and joint issues I had developed during pregnancy causing a lot of back and hip pain did not fully heal until I stopped nursing him at 11 months. So, instead of feeling lame about it, I decided that I want to try a 5 k before the end of the year and then I'll move on to training for the 1/2 marathon next year. Should be easier now that I've lost 10 pounds and am still going!

2 comments:

  1. crap. Now I have to compete with you run a marathon? What is the deal! ALl of you gals are running marathons now, and I hate running! Is it a new trendy thing I am missing out on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie ... you have succumbed to the running bug, too? I thought Jon/Ali/Karina/Sharenda were the only crazy UAS folks to do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete